Consultant and Contractor Positions
Geomine carries out geological consulting, primarily focussed in the coal mining industry. We have been in operation for over 12 years and we are always looking to expand to meet industry demands. We have a flexible approach towards employment and if you’re suitably qualified, we are able to discuss options that will suit both parties.
Why you should consider working for Geomine:
- Although the work is primarily site based, there are also opportunities in corporate office-based, or “online” home-based consulting roles.
- Work ranging from mine geology, data validation, seam correlation, geological modelling, coal quality, projects and exploration.
- Our business is located in both Brisbane and Mackay (Qld) giving the potential advantages of being based in a coastal city, or metropolitan location.
- Opportunity to work across a range of geological roles, at a range of mine sites. This provides substantial job variety and consequently job satisfaction.
- You’ll receive support and mentoring in the roles you are exposed to. While you will be expected to pull your weight, there may be opportunities to develop your skills in various software packages, including Vulcan, MineScape and other systems that vary between sites.
- Depending on your capabilities, there may also be opportunities to grow both your career and entrepreneurial skills with the business.
You will ideally have geological qualifications and suitable experience, however we will at times consider related qualifications and experience, including those currently studying and recent graduates.
Customer focus, reliability and communication skills will be highly regarded.